Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 235 (TSSC235)

Here we go again--for the 245th time, lol!  The new sketch challenge for the week.  I was in the mood to be really challenged so I combined it with a challenge on VC Rocks to use one stamp set and create both a masculine/boy card and a feminine/girl card.  So I used one sketch too!  As you may notice I flipped the sketch on it side for my samples.  I may have to use it the "right" way next chance I get.  (there really is no right or wrong way-you are allowed to turn/flip the sketch!)

Here is the actual sketch for this week....











 And my samples, both samples are using the Ronald McDonald stamps set Moving Forward.along with the  Itty Bitty Banners stamp set.





















Can you see that I wrote the word welcome on the little banner on the blimp!  You may have to click on the image to see.  The clouds are from the Soaring Stamp set.  The colors on this first card are Soft Suede and Pool Party along with Whisper White.  Other supplies used are markers, circle punches, retired alphabits stamp set, bitty banners framelits.  The Designer series paper is from the Comfort Caf'e paper pack.

This next card is a bit brighter and girly.  Again the stamp sets are the same along with the layout.


The colors on this card are Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango and Rose Red along with Whisper White.  Other products are circle punches, rhinestones, markers and the bitty banners framelits.  The Designer series paper is from the Floral District paper pack. 

Wasn't that fun to use the same layout, same stamps and get such different looks.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I also hope you find time to play along with my sketch challenge this week.  I think it is a fun way no matter how you flip it!!!  Be sure to come on back and add your link to the blog hop below.  And if you add the code to your blog while in the html mode you can allow your readers to play along too right from your blog!

Please use a DIRECT link to the project and not just a link to your blog home page.  Thanks so much!
Mary Jo



1 nice people left a comment:

Mary Brown said...

Oh I just LOVE the two versions of this card! I can't say which one I like better...they are both so dang CUTE!