Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 328 (TSSC328)

 So it happened again--I did not get back on to add any more posts since last week's challenge.  Every time I think I am caught up with stuff --  I am NOT!  Oh well at least I get this done each week--that is something--and I have a card for tomorrow too as it is my week to post for the Try Stamping on Tuesday challenge so it will be at least two days in a row!  Anyway--the important things is the sketch, right?!  So here is this week's sketch....

It is another simple one this week so I hope to see a lot of samples!  Here is mine to get us started.

I am pretty dissapointed that I can not get the colors to look right on this-- maybe you can see them if you make it bigger.  I used a color combo from Create With Connie and Mary. 


The soft sky looks almost white.  But it is not believe me--you can tell because the butterflies are stamped on white and the little bit around them is not the same as the background.  My son used my camera to take a photography merit badge at camp and I am struggling to get it back where I had it!  Ugg--I might have to take a silly class, lol.  Here are the supplies used for the card....

Stamps: Kind of Eclectic and A Dozen Thoughts
Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive
Other: rhinestones, butterfly punches

Now for the best part of the post---- THE DESIGN TEAM'S SAMPLES!!!


They always do a great job--I love them all--really I do--the girls and the cards!  Thanks so much ladies.  You guys rock!

Now it is your turn to play along with us! Be sure to add you sample to Mr. Linky below.



Here are some basic rules for the challenge....
  1. You have a full week to play along!
  2. Create a new card using the sketch as your inspiration.
  3. Use any products you choose.
  4. Add your card to your blog or other on-line spot and link back to this challenge.
  5. Come back here and add a direct link to your sample for the challenge and NOT you home page of your blog--people will not look for your challenge card--trust me.
  6. And this one is not really a rule but a request--get rid of that word verification!  It makes it hard for us to comment on your samples.  It is easier for you to delete the spam then for us to jump through tons of hoops to comment.  If your put your comments on moderation you do not have to worry about spam--you will have the option to delete it BEFORE it ever goes on your blog so you will ALWAYS be safe!
  7. Have fun and tell you friends to play too! 
    Add your sample below
    Thanks for playing along!
Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

All of the cards are beautiful. Focusing in on the one you created using the CCMC colors: I can see the subtleness of the soft sky. It makes a lovely backdrop for your nature type card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Mary Brown said...

What a great combination of your sketch challenge and the Create color challenge! LOVE these color with this set! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Deb said...

What a fabulous sketch! I hope I can play along, too! Love the butterflies and the background of leaves! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Melissa Davies said...

Such a pretty card nature for Fall - the butterflies look like they are floating on air! Thanks for joining us in the Color Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...wonderful trio of butterflies! I love how easy that set is to work with! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

Mary Jo, your work is always so pretty! Sometimes getting a picture to look right is SO hard, I know, but I can see the Soft Sky now that you told me : ). Beautiful card with that great set! Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!